Option A] Thailand:
Feb 11th – 17th 2018
Option B] Spain:
May 6th – 11th 2018
Spain: Aug 26th – 31st 2018
2 retreats of 5 nights each
Thailand / Spain
from €2645 (for certification and 2 retreat weeks with all inclusions)
PILATES MAT TEACHER TRAINING. BECOME A PILATES TEACHER. ANATOMY. WORKSHOPS. WORKOUTS. FRIENDSHIP. INTENSIVE TRAINING. SOLID FOUNDATION.
BECOME A PILATES TEACHER!
About the Training:
Programme & Structure:
We offer an immersion programme that includes 2 weeklong intensive retreats with online course work in between. The retreat weeks will build up on each other and students must be present for both retreats.
The first retreat will build the foundation of your teacher training and includes basic anatomy studies, Pilates history and principles and the full Mat Pilates Beginners repertoire.
On the 2nd retreat, we will learn and study the intermediate and advanced Pilates mat exercises and bring all the elements of teaching Pilates together. We will discuss the ‘business side’ of being a Pilates teacher, work on class sequencing and incorporate plenty of practice teaching with valuable feedback to make you a confident teacher. A written exam will be taken at the end of the 2nd retreat. You may chose to take your practical exam as well, receiving your teaching certification at the end of the 2nd retreat.
In the months in between the retreats, you will be given some homework consisting of observation hours, teaching practice and some written assignments. Your teacher will provide feedback and consultation time via skype and e-mail. If you want to complete your 200-hrs by the end of the 2nd retreat, you should allow for 7-8 hrs of Pilates practice per week.
Over the 2 retreat weeks, practical and lecture sessions will include the following:
- History of Pilates
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Postural Assessment
- Principles of Pilates
- Over 40 Pilates Mat Exercises from Beginner to Advanced
- Injury Prevention & Special Conditions
- Pilates as a System: Introduction to the Pilates Equipment
- Use of Props in Pilates
- Class Design & Working with Clients
- Business & Ethics
- Observation & Practice Teaching
A typical retreat day:
8am – 9am Mat class
9am – 11.30am Brunch
11.30am – 1.00pm Lectures
1.00pm – 1.30pm Break
1.30pm – 3.00 pm Teaching practice
3.00pm – 4.00pm Break
4.00pm – 6pm Group practise/revisions/lecture
Most days will finish by 5-6pm to give you time to absorb and to be able to spend some time alone or with friends. / Of the 200-hrs required to complete the full Pilates Mat Teacher Training, you will cover around 50-hrs during the retreat weeks. / This teacher training is limited to a maximum of 12 students.
Cost for retreat and certification:
Included in the price:
- 2 x 5 nights boutique accommodation in shared room with daily breakfast brunch
- welcome and graduation dinners
- over 50 hrs of actual lectures & training, including over 40 classical & contemporary Pilates mat exercises, anatomy lectures, Pilates business background, special populations, props, etc.
- special workshop(s) by guest teacher(s)
- all teacher training manuals and exams
- skype support and follow up in between retreat modules
- Pilates Mat 200-hr certification
- lots of fun, small group
A non-refundable deposit of €500 is required to reserve your spot. All bookings must be paid in full 4 weeks before start date, however we can still take bookings right up to the start date.
Location & Travel Information: