PILATES PERSONAL – Portugal
Pilates & Martial Arts – Movement with Intention
We are super excited to announce a very special retreat lead by master trainer, teacher of teachers and founder of Body Arts and Science International (BASI®) – Rael Isacowitz! Staying true to our concept of intertwining Pilates with other forms of movement, Rael has invited Shifu Wang Bo – world-renowned Shaolin monk and Kung Fu Master, to join us for an unsurpassed week of fun and exploration of the mind and body. This retreat will fill up quickly and spaces are limited, but do know that anyone can join. We want to make this incredible experience of learning and getting up close and personal with some of the industry’s best available to all – be it Pilates teachers or complete beginners. Expect high energy and an unforgettable week.
Included in the price:
- 6 nights accommodation in shared rooms
- 3 delicious home-cooked meals per day, including a lavish breakfast spread, light lunch and dinner
- one-on-one private assessment session with Miriam Friedrich-Honorio or Mareile Paley
- daily morning and evening movement classes led by Rael Isacowitz and Shifu Wang Bo
- special workshop: Pilates & Martial Arts – Movement with Intention
- free day to spend by the beach, take a surf lesson, go on a hose-riding excursion or a guided nature walk
- special good-bye dinner
- round trip airport transfer to/from Faro airport
- additional private classes with Miriam or Mareile
- surfing, kitesurfing
- massages, spa treatments
- international flights
- travel insurance
A holistic oasis on the far edge of Europe
Our home for this retreat week will be Monte Velho, a breath-taking yoga retreat venue with a stunning round yoga hall, sitting on top of the hills of the Algarve’s west coast. The spaciousness of the retreat and its surroundings invite to get lost and fully immersed in nature. Adjacent to a holistic riding center and not far from the Atlantic sea, Mote Velho feels like a world apart.
The holistic center is designed to offer all the comfort and space we will need for our practise and own time. The main temple Casa das Pinhas with its heated floor will be our practise and movement space. Between activities you can relax or study in a variety of calm and peaceful spaces that were placed for the purpose of joy and contemplation, all with amazing views of the surroundings. A large common living room invites to make new friends and exchange experiences, while the cosy bed rooms and suites serve as your personal little oasis.
We will provide transportation from/to Faro airport, from where it is a 1.5 hr drive to the retreat center. If you are coming from Lisbon and prefer to arrive by road (car rental is possible), it’s about 3 hrs.
Twin Shared Room €2450* – only 4 spots left! –
Triple Shared Room €2250*
Shared 6-bed Dorm €1850*
Single Room €2950* – only 1 spot left! –